Reptile Room Podcast
Episode 10 - The Evolution of Triple B with Brian Kusko
This week we are joined by our great friend Brian Kusko of Triple B Tv. Brian has literally built his reptile and youtube empire from the ground up and I have seen the evolution of his snake rooms over time so we are here to discuss such growth! We also have plenty of wonderful stories and laughs sprinkled throughout this very fun episode!
- Timeline notes (all minus like 38 miunutes of an intro before we actually did the intro)
- Moose & Sheep @ 18 minutes
- Old ass Brian @34 minutes
- Remembering first meeting @36
- @53 story of first keeping snakes , neighbor “Snake” keeping snakes next door at 4 yrs old got stoked
- Rough green snakes as first snakes
- @60 minutes or so first snake - rosy rat
- @1:06 first snakes - wanted python - bp
- @1:07:30 - 5 yrs accomplished a lot
- @1:12 - life too short
- @1:23 jimmy cruz rule breaker
- @1:35 starting triple b
- @1:46 moving into the new place and building the reptile room
- @1:50 and beyond building and reptile room specific chat
- @2:07 - income impacts for educators
- @2:26 marijuise legalana
- @2:43 can you dig it!?
- EMAIL ZOOM FOR IDEA TO FUND EDUCATIONAL MEETINGS
- @3:18 raspberry rat splat
Tonight’s guest: Brian Kusko of Triple B TV
Triple B Tv on Youtube:
Brian’s Personal Vlog Channel:
Brian Kusko on Instagram: @briankusko
Triple B TV Website: https://triplebreptiles.com/triple-b-tv/
Searchable as Reptiles Podcast with Garrett Hartle
Subscribe on Google Podcasts, iTunes, Spotify, and many more!
Andy Riley catch up banter
Lead into our topic and guest speaker
- Do you even want to introduce yourself or do you think everyone knows who you are at this point haha?!
- How did we meet? @ around 39-45 minutes
- What were you keeping when you came back from Hawaii and how did you keep it/them? @ around 60 minutes or so and on
- How long was that until you got into ball pythons and starting to build a collection? @1:09
- When did your rack in the closet start and how was it convincing Hillary of your intentions of keeping and breeding snakes? @1:34 & @1:38
- How long did you run your collection and videos from inside the closet?
- When did you come out of the closet…...and build that beautiful snake room under your place in the garage at your new spot? @1:46
- How did you build it?
- Where did you learn all your carpentry and techniques etc?
- What went into the room design? @1:50 and beyond
- What did you learn after all said and done and what would you have done differently knowing what you know now?
- Any tips for folks building their own rooms?
- What species do you keep currently and how did that evolve before getting involved with Roaming Reptiles?
- Where do you see your collection and reptile initiatives going in the future?
- What’s next for Triple B and the growth of your reptile space?
New Guest Closing Questions:
- Who do you look up to most in the reptile world? (not Andy Rea…...Kevin McCurley, Brian Barczyk, people sticking to/in love with one certain species, Lawrence Kenchington, aussie kid reptile song writer, Brian Gundy, Dav Kaufman)
- What is your holy grail reptile to keep? (once indigos, now boeleni for snakes, but komodos!)
- If you could devote an entire bedroom to one species to build a massive vivarium, what would you keep and design? (retic room, waterfall, jungle vines, open ceiling option, swimming pool, rainforest)
- If you could go back in time to a younger you right before you got into reptiles, what wisdom would you impart upon your younger self? (start with a female! Not Carl (hypo pinstripe))
- If you could pass on one piece of advice to the listeners about keeping snakes/reptiles, what would it be? (just in case, get a female)